Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Interview with OhNoIt'sYO


Interview with OH No Its YO


It’s no big secret that hip hop started in the BX; the Bronx keeps created it according to the wise words of KRS-One. Many artists from the X still got the skills to rock the mic. This includes Yonkers born OH NO IT’S YO repping the Bronx aka his 2nd home. The Bronx bred emcee has faced many struggles and his music speaks for itself. Now with a new album in the works including the video “Put Me On” having many views on youtube, intrigued interviews OH NO IT’S YO regarding his music, working with Max B, the Bottom Line Legacy and his future.

1)            What’s going on my dude? Okay I’m curious about the name, how did that came about?
OHNOIT’SYO: When I first started rappin my name was Young Outlaw (Y.O).  As time went by I matured and my music matured too!  Everyone knew me as Y.O but I didn’t wanna go by Young Outlaw anymore.  That got corny!  I googled Y.O and seen there were a few other heads out there with the same name!  I had to be different!  Y.O now stands for Young & Outstanding & came up with Oh No iTs Y.O because its original!  I mean who else puts a rhyme in their name??  Trynna think outside the box…feel me?

2)            You originally from the YO and you moved to the Boogie Down. Has the move been a big influenced on your career?
OHNOIT’SYO: The Bronx always was my home away from home!  S/O 2 all my BX family!  Without the Bronx being in my life I would have never experienced a lot of the things I did, good & bad, and I probably would’ve never started recording!  The Bronx is a beautiful place underneath it all! 

3)            “Put Me On” video is on youtube. Has the fans been receptive to the video?
OHNOIT’SYO: It’s my 1st official video!  I had shot an ultra-low budget with former D-Block member J-Hood a couple years ago and that video was so horrible!  Lol honestly man!  I had to bounce back with a better cameraman/editor!  Put me on is a well shot video and it’s the 1st video me & my bro Ken Keeler Jr. (www.KenKeelerJR.com) shot together!  I’m personally not a huge fan of the song, a lot of people like it but at the time that was the quickest video to shoot!  It’s been getting good reviews but that’s at the bottom of the pit of what I got to offer! 

4)            How do you get your music to the ears outside of New York?
OHNOIT’SYO: The power of the internet bro!  The internet is gonna be the record label in the future!  People are becoming millionaires from clicking their mouse and typing all day!  I’m trynna fall into that!  You can make the greatest music but the hardest thing about it is getting people to listen to you, especially if you’re an upcoming artist! 

5)            You had two tragedies happened to you regarding two emcees you were closed with. How the passing of your peeps affected you musically and personally?
OHNOIT’SYO: My man AP The New Era passed away 1st.  Me and my man Frankie Gunz were going thru it but we were on a mission! I felt like it was up to me to finish his project and release it!  I put out his final mixtape called “Awww My God” and literally a month after that Frankie Gunz got killed in a car accident!  At that point I couldn’t believe I lost my 2 closest friends 6 months apart!  As hard as I tried for it now to, it took a toll on me!  You might have not been able to tell but I was going crazy inside!  It was and still is the hardest thing I ever had to deal with!  But I’m back now & I got my soldiers living thru me!
                                                                                                                 
6)            Your album “The World Made Me Do It Again!” has an interesting concept to it. Give us an insight about the album.
OHNOIT’SYO: My last project was titled “The world made me do iT” so it’s only right since I stepped back into the game I follow it up!  A couple people have been in my ear about re-releasing it for the fans!  I might do that before I drop the new one!  When I first came up with that title I was thinking about life!  I’m a good dude but sometimes act crazy…why?  The world made me this way!  I wasn’t always like the way I am with certain things! The trials & tribulations that we go thru my dude, is what the world made me!   
  
7)            On the album, DJ Daze, EZ Wider Beats and Double Octave Productions are the producers of the project. How did these producers complement your rhyming style?
OHNOIT’SYO: Daze is my brother!  I met days back in 06! Everything was all good then!  He is the one that actual kept me recording!  Me & AP always thought Daze had the best beats out of anyone we knew and he just started blessing me with beats all the time!  Having so much fire it was hard not to rock to them!  Daze knows what kind of beats are for me at this point.  He does about 75% of my production!  He knows my style & what I’m looking for!  EZ’s been my bro 4 a minute too!  He recently started making beats and has come up so much so quick!  Me & him are gonna work more!  He knows what I’m looking for also!

8)            You got Max B on the album, how did that come about working with Max B?
OHNOIT’SYO: Yea man!  Max will always be 1 of my favorites!   I wish we could’ve done it in the studio together but everyone is happy with the way it came out including Max!  I hooked up with his manager Masar and he put it together!  He played Max the beat and Max laid a verse down to it.  S/O 2 Steve Stush for the incredible engineering!

9)            Talk to us about the label The Bottom Line Legacy
OHNOIT’SYO: The Bottom Line Legacy is independent as of now but we’re definitely trying to go major!  I got a nice squad of Producers, a Cameraman, actual drawing artists, a graphic designer and a publicist that’s all down for what I’m trying to do!  All those people basically blew breath in my lungs n brought me back!  So shout out 2 DJ Daze, Yung Flee, EZ Wider, Kenny K, Peezy and J Lan!

10)         You also performed at Club Avalon and the China Club, two of the popular clubs back then. What can people expect from your stage performance?
OHNOIT’SYO: Just expect energy, good movement and stage presence!  I have a nice lil formula on how I do my shows!  I wanna be accustomed to performing on big stages!  For all you newcomers…Ya man Y is gonna give u a tip.  Don’t’ get drunk before a performance because you’re not gonna be doing as good as you think you’re doing!  I had to learn that the hard way!   Lol lesson learned!
                                     
11)         An up and coming artist comes up to you with material, what is more important to you the lyrics, production or both?
OHNOIT’SYO: I don’t care what you’re saying if the beat is trash! So production comes first!  You can make a hit song over a hot beat or you can try to shine shit!  You might do well over it, but end of the day it’s still shit!  Lol I’ll work with any artist that sends me a hot beat!  I’ll drop a 16 for you the same day!
                                                   
12)         What do you listen to lately on your IPOD?
OHNOIT’SYO: Lately I been listening to Kendrick, Ace Hood, Drake & J.Cole’s new ep is official!  2pac, Fab, Jada & Nas got so much classic material that 1 of them artists get spins daily!

13)         Name five emcees and producers you love to work with in the future!
OHNOIT’SYO: I’m gonna keep it real…as far as emcees I can’t even name 5 so I’m just gonna give u random artists.  I wanna work with Drake before anybody!  His talent is on another level!  I wanna get Sia from that song Titanium!  Jamie Drastik, he’s Pitbull’s artist, definitely a talented dude!  R. Kelly man…I wanna be in the lab with Kellz!  Last but not least…I’d probably say Wayne!  Producers Harry Fraud, Mike Zombie, Calvin Harris, Swizz & Timberland are my favorites right now  

14)         What’s next for OH NO IT’S YO for 2013?
OHNOIT’SYO: I’m just gonna keep hittin’ the studio! Dropping songs every couple weeks!  Hopefully a video every month!  Get back to doing shows regularly!  Man I’m trynna get it for real!  I need sponsors!  I need sit downs with labels!  I’m more confident now than ever!    

15)         Before we wrap this interview up, where can peeps get at you for music and collaborations?
OHNOIT’SYO: You can hit me on FB, Twitter, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, Instagram all @OhNoiTsYO or email me ItsTheLegacy@gmail.com

16)         Definitely is a pleasure interviewing you, continue to make a success with your endeavors!
OHNOIT’SYO: Thank you Ty!  I appreciate you giving me this opportunity for the world to get to know me a lil better! #Salute



No comments:

Post a Comment