Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Interview with D.Bledsoe



Interview with D. Bledsoe

Underground artists put their best foot forward in the game. Introducing Richmond California’s artist D. Bledsoe who already earned respect based on his music. He has done countless work with emcee/producer Erk tha Jerk. The confidence of D. Bledsoe is shown on his craft and he has what it takes to get his music heard. D. Bledsoe joins intrigued expressing about his current work, how it is working with Erk tha Jerk and his future plans.

1)            Joining Intrigued is D. Bledsoe. What’s good man, what you been up to these days music wise?
D. Bledsoe: Putting the finishing touches on my newest project “Good News” & working on diversifying my portfolio. (Getting’ money)

2)            For those of you who don’t know you, tell them where you from?
D. Bledsoe: I’m from Richmond, California (South Side) …15 minutes from Oakland . . .Hella far from anything normal

3)            Who are your musical influences that get you motivated to do music?
D. Bledsoe: New rap gets me motivated. When I hear something new it either makes me feel like “I could definitely make something better than this” or “Why wasn’t I on this!”

4)            Coming from Richmond, California, what made you decide to get into music?
D. Bledsoe: I grew up around entertainers so I think it was bound to happen in some sort of capacity . . . after a while it wasn’t a choice, my music is my testimony now

5)            You got a unique flow which I can’t compare you to any emcee. For peeps that haven’t heard you, describe your rhyming delivery and style!
D. Bledsoe: I’m flattered & confused at how to answer this…I’m not intentionally rapping different . . . . It just so happens that my “different” is working for me. And I’m all for that. But I don’t purposely rap uniquely.

6)            How do you get your music to the ear outside of California?
D. Bledsoe: By the grace of God, I continue to network & meet individuals outside of my area that believe in the music. In turn, they’re helping to grow the D. Bledsoe following

7)            One of your tracks “Episode” got that smooth beat; definitely feeling the track. What was behind the “Episode” track?
D. Bledsoe: Bitches. I was just talking shit. Faf (Funny as Fuck) . . . Sometimes I have to vent about the goods vs bads and “Episode” was no exception. I vented. Faf

8)            You did work with Erk the Jerk, how his delivery and production sound complements with your delivery and flow?
D. Bledsoe: That’s my brother! Gladly we do create timeless music together. But is so effortless …. We just talk that real life shit in a player a** manner.

9)            Would you rather remain an independent artist or are you seeking a major deal?
D. Bledsoe: My goal with my music is to get it to as large an audience as possible and I’m not sure that independent money can give me the most potential to reach my goal. So to answer the question, I’m fasho’ seeking a major deal.

10)         Describe your rhyming process when introduced to a beat?
D. Bledsoe: I instantly vibe out if the beat is dope. I’m a writer and anyone I’ve worked with will tell you how speedy I am with the verse. If I come off like I’m bragging, that’s because I am. I take pride in how easily the words come to me. My process is pretty simple. I just let beat talk to me and I talk back

11)         Your mixtape Spill’d Milk got attention from some fans, how receptive are the fans to the mixtape?
D. Bledsoe: That mixtape was one of the only ones I pressed physicals for. Therefore I was able to get it to more people directly. But from what I hear, the fans were pretty receptive. I’m sure it didn’t hurt to have a tatted white bitch on the cover. Faf . . . Overall I feel like most people that heard Spill’d Milk fucked with it. And I thank them!

12)         You got the track “Promise” out which is dedicated to the ladies Have you broken any promises to the ladies (laughs)?
D. Bledsoe: I’m sure I’ve broken a promise or two . . . possibly three. But my intent is to keep it solid with whomever female(s) I’m dealing with at a given time….though intent isn’t always real life.faf . . . My brother Erk did that beat for me though and I did a quick joint to it to throw to the blogs.

13)         You got numerous mixtapes out, what’s the difference between “C.A.K.E. (Ca$h and Kick$ everyday”, “Spill’d Milk” and “Produce Aisle”?
D.Bledsoe: I record and have recorded so much music. The difference between the tapes is purely my experiences. I only speak on things I know about first hand. I have no hand me down stories nor hypothetical topics. I pray the music is gradually getting better, but even if not, fuck it! I know I’m getting better as a being.

14)         What do you listen lately on your I-POD?
D.Bledsoe: My iPod is broken like the fuck! But on my iPhone I have wayyyy too much Gucci Mane, Kevin Gates & Future. But my shuffle can be a beast . . . Ask any chick that knows me – my library is not to be fucked with!

15)         Your dream collaboration track, which artists will hop on it and who would produce the track?
D.Bledsoe: The Neptunes would produce it without a doubt! Yeezy gets 32, Jigg gets 16, and Anita Baker will harmonize with Badu for the hook. (3 Stacks already hit me to get on the remix)

16)         What’s next for D. Bledsoe for 2013?
D.Bledsoe: Good News! June 4th! Physicals in the streets, more visuals, & more presence. These hoes say they need to see me so why wouldn’t I oblige?

17)         So where peeps can get at you for music or collaborations?
D.Bledsoe: ImDBledsoe at GMAIL, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE . . . Let us work!

18)         Definitely a pleasure interviewing you, continue to make a success with your music!
D.Bledsoe: Thank you for giving time and recognition to what I work on daily. Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment